Contact Us, We're here 24/7
David_edA 10.10 20/02/2013
Petrina C Salamander Bay 17.43 05/06/2012
igoseeworld singapore 17.51 13/02/2012
crox40 Shanghai, China 14.44 11/10/2011
Margaret B Melbourne, Australia 14.21 11/10/2011
Jenny San, US 13.13 11/10/2011
Amitabh Bhunia One day City tour Hanoi 17.54 05/08/2011
Pete Power Phnom Penh, Cambodia 21.15 03/07/2011
Free wi-fi launched in Ha Long city
The Quang Ninh People’s Committee and the Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Corporation (VNPT) yesterday launched free wireless internet (wi-fi) services in Ha Long city.
VNPT installed more than 40 wireless internet transmitters in the city along
The service will be free of charge during the 2012 Ha Long Tourism Week from April 23 to May 2. Tourists, investors and local residents will have free wi-fi access to basic information pages including the provincial web portal, press and television web pages after the Tourism Week, but will be charged for other entertainment services.
Addressing the launching ceremony, Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Dang Huy Hau praised VNPT’s efforts to implement the project after signing the memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the province two months ago.
He added that the service will also contribute to the development of tourism in the city.
Other Our Newsletter
- » No price hike during Tet
- » Overseas Vietnamese welcome Lunar New Year
- » Things To Know Before You Go To Vietnam
- » State employees get nine days off for Tet
- » Attracting more foreign visitors to Vietnam
- » It’s tough to leave misty Sapa
- » Vietnam Airlines offers 45% discount ticket for its international routes
- » Beyond Pho in Hanoi
- » Exploring Hanoi’s West Lake
- » Phan Rang is tourist heaven